Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Are you hungry for God?


Good Monday morning, my friends.

Have you ever said or thought something like "I would like spend more time in prayer" or "I am GOING to pray more" or perhaps "Tomorrow morning I am going to spend a full HOUR in prayer!"?

Teresa of Avila asked God to make her pray four hours a day. She felt God's response was something like this: "Teresa, I don't make the little birds eat. When they're hungry they eat. And when you're hungry for me you will spend more time and enjoy it without watching the clock."

Four hours?  I sometimes have difficulty with four minutes.  But I want that hunger.  And I am praying for that hunger.  How hungry are you?


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce




Father God, I come into your presence so aware of my human frailty and yet overwhelmed by your love for me. 

I thank you that there is no human experience that I might walk through where your love cannot reach me. 

If I climb the highest mountain you are there and yet if I find myself in the darkest valley of my life, you are there. 

Teach me today to love you more. 

Help me to rest in that love that asks nothing more than the simple trusting heart of a child. 

In Jesus name, Amen



Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment