Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Prayer


Good Thursday afternoon, my friends.

Let's bring this week's conversation back full circle to the young man whose writing started all this.  Rynier, through my sister, posted this on my blog:

"Sorry its (this comment) so long. But that's as concise as I can get it. Its just a big vision, hard to put into a few words. Thanks for the opportunity to share. 

[Previous poster asked]
"I wonder why he chooses to live on Eustice(sp) Street in Charlottetown? I wonder if he will summon the courage to try to change something in his neighbourhood's environment and go onward from there? If he wants to fight, how will he fight? I wonder, if ever I learned his name, if I would recognize it again in years to come? What battle banner will he be flying then? With guidance to act he could be a great leader. I hope he will act."

[Rynier's Response]
My sincerest belief, borne of Scripture and a surface understanding of the character of God, is that I fight by prayer. To be heartbroken for the broken is not a new concept, nor is feeling righteous anger. These are ancient characteristics of our Father, and I believe He has shared them with me purely for the sake of inciting me to action. Scripture is rife with the proclamation that those of us who are the body of the church have a responsibility to those who are outside. But we live in a day where a unified church body does not exist. Individual churches may be strong, but we find it impossible (even denominationally) to work as a functional unit. I intend to answer the ache God has placed in my heart by calling the churches of Charlottetown to restore themselves to their original designs. Until that happens, shattered lives will continue to litter the streets of cities around the world. The challenge is that this will require pastors to shepherd, instead of micromanage, preach with the authority and power they have been anointed with. It will require a elders to guide their congregations into passion and life. And it will require prayer. Mighty intercessors standing in the gap. I'm currently attempting to set up a prayer room in the city with the intention of 24-7 prayer for the body of believers to walk in the knowledge of their power from the depth of Jesus' love. Whether I manage to become a leader or not, I truly cannot be sure, only pray that He will not place me there before I rest entirely in who He designed me to be. 

Rynier 


The Church needs prayer.  Rynier needs prayer.  We need prayer.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce



Make your ways known upon earth, Lord God,
your saving power among all peoples.

Renew your Church in holiness
and help us to serve you with joy.

Guide the leaders of all nations,
that justice may prevail throughout the world.

Let not the needy be forgotten,
nor the hope of the poor be taken away.

Make us instruments of your peace
and let your glory be over all the earth. 

Amen




Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment