Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Daily Prayer - More than we can ask or imagine

Good Tuesday Morning, my friends.

 

A few days ago I realized something.  Perhaps it was God speaking very quietly in my ear.  The message was: I do not realize how much I need Him.

 

And it is true – I don't.  I still make most of my decisions without consulting Him.  I still plough ahead and do things my way.  I still do not spend any significant time in prayer or the Word.  I really don't know how much I need Him.

 

Do you?  Can you help me?  Can we help each other?

 

Let's pray for each other in this regard: that we can all come to understand our absolute dependence on a God that loves us more than we can imagine, and wants to do more for us than we could even conceive of asking. 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!

Bruce

 

I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

 

Ephesians 3:17-21


Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment