Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Daily Prayer - the Smoking Doctor

Good Friday Morning, my friends.
 
 
Sometimes I feel like the doctor in the picture above, and I am sure your pastor/priest/minister does too.  What is wrong with this scene?  Well, someone concerned about your health, someone who tells you smoking is bad for you, probably shouldn't have a lit cigarette in his hand.  Or be overweight.  Or drink heavily.  But the truth is that some doctors have these issues.  Does that mean that he or she is not genuinely concerned about your health?  Not at all - it just means they are human.  The same is true for anyone who teaches or preaches in the chuch.  Please do not expect perfection from these.  Remember they are on a journey too.
 
October is "Pastor Apprciation Month".  Why not send your's a note or card today.  Dayspring offers free on-line e-cards - find them here.
 
Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
 

Oh Father God, I pray for pastors, for their families, for their marriages, for their ministries, and for their congregations.

 

I pray for their witness and I pray for their minds, that they will think new thoughts and dream new dreams.

 

I pray for their bodies that they will be healthy and strong, that they can run long the race that you have set before them.

 

I pray for their friends, that they will be true to their pastor and true to You; that they will always lift their pastors up, always encourage them, always help them on the journey.

 

I pray for resources to flow into their ministries because it is Your work and what You have purposed to be done. I believe that you will resource what You have commanded to be done.

 

And so I pray that people with money will give money, that people with time will give time, that people with faith will exercise their faith, that people with big ideas and big dreams and big visions will give those ideas and dreams and visions to the cause.

 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment