Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Daily Prayer - Do you not yet understand?

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
How quickly our trust in God can subside.  As I look back over the decades of my life I see so many instances where God provided for my needs.  He has done it over and over and over again.  And yet, everytime there seems to be a bump in the road my anxiety level seems to spike.  I forget that God is still "large and in charge"

It gives me some comfort to know that even Jesus' disciples suffered from this (I know, getting comfort from someone else's suffering is disturbing, but what can you do?).  Shortly after Jesus had miraculously fed 5000 people with a few loaves and fishes, there was another large crowd being preached to - about 4000 this time.  Jesus tells his disciples that He wants to feed them, and their reaction isn't "Oh boy - He is going to do it again!" it is "How can one satisfy these people with bread here in the wilderness?" (Mark 8:4).  And even after Jesus feeds that crown, as they are leaving on the boat and realize they did not bring enough food and began to worry, Jesus chastized them by saying:
"Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened? Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?"

They said to Him, "Twelve."

"Also, when I broke the seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of fragments did you take up?"

And they said, "Seven."

So He said to them, "How is it you do not understand?"  (Mark 8:17-21)


Are you feeling your anxiety level spike today?  Look back at the times in your past that God has been at work providing for your needs, and trust that He is at work even now.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
I trust You at all times, you are my refuge (Psalm 62:8).

You are my rock, my fortress, my deliver and my strength; in You, alone, do I trust (Psalm 18:2).

God's way is perfect. His word is proven; He is a shield to me because I trust in Him (2 Samuel 22:31).

I trust in You, Lord, with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).

I put my trust in You, Lord and I do not fear what man can do to me (Psalm 56:11).

Lord, You are my refuge from the storm; my shade from the heat and in you is everlasting strength; I trust in You (Isaiah 25:4; 26:3-4).

You are the savior of all men, I trust in you (1 Tim 4:10).

I trust in You, Lord and not in uncertain riches. You give me richly all things to enjoy. (1 Tim 6:17).

I do not trust in myself but in God who raises the dead (2 Corinthians 1:9).

I draw near to You, Lord; I put my trust in You and declare all your works (Psalm 73:28).

I am not afraid of bad news; my heart is steadfast, trusting in You, Lord (Psalm 112:7).

I trust in You, Lord, not in my own strength or my own wisdom. I praise your name for you have saved me from my enemies and have put those who hate me to shame (Psalm 44: 6-8).

I trust in You, Lord, and I am as Mount Zion which cannot be removed but abides forever (Psalm 125:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment