Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

Daily Prayer - Recommended reading

Good Monday morning, my friends.

I hate anxiety.  But it doesn't hate me.  It likes to visit.  Often.  

The more I recognize this, the more I realize why Jesus' most frequently spoken commandment was "Fear not!".  I grow ever more grateful for those words and for so many other anxiety reducing passages of scripture, from Psalms to the Gospels to Revelation ("He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." - Revelation 21:4).  

I am also grateful for those around me who model the message of the Gospel in their everyday lives, particularly those who are suffering physically, emotionally, or spiritually and yet have a hope that can only be explained by a deep trust in God.

How is your anxiety level today?  If you want to lower it, I can recommend a Good Book.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


Father, I am so grateful for the many passages in Scripture that provide strength and reassurance in our moments of weakness and doubt. 

I'm doubly grateful for brothers and sisters in our present day and those in the historic record who took hold of these truths and modeled for us what it is to live a victorious life in the midst of the daily uncertainties of this world. 

Our inner person is renewed with each passing day as we loosen our grip in that which passes away and take hold of that which never passes away till we reach the blessed, promised land. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment