Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Daily Prayer - Trust

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
When I pray during difficult times I sometimes wonder if God is hearing me. But of course He is hearing me.  The question is: am I hearing Him? 
 
Often my prayer can more resemble a letter to Santa than a respectful conversation between Father and son.  But when I pause at the beginning to glorify and thank Him for all He has done for me in the past, and realize just how generous He has been with me, I come away with a much different feeling: trust.  I know that our time together has been a conversation (and not a monologue) when my prayer ends with an incredible sense of trust that God will fulfil His promises to me.
 
Have a conversation with your Father today.
 

Grace and peace and trust be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
 
 
Father, it's been said that "courage is fear that said its prayers".
 
And it's true that You can change our hearts and outlook even when the circumstances have not changed.
 
But it requires our dependency on You through persevering in prayer which results in absolute trust.
 
We can be assured of Your eternal encouragement and good hope as it encourages our hearts and strengthens us in every good deed and word.
 
It is through Christ Jesus our Lord that we pray in faith believing that You turn tragedy into triumph, as You work out all things together for our good.
 
Amen.
 
(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/a-prayer-for-you/)

No comments:

Post a Comment