Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

Daily Prayer - Fathers

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
Happy belated Father's Day to all you dads out there!

The longer I am a father the more I see that God has created the parenting role to give us a sense of how He sees us, His children.  Oh how easily, however, we take for granted that we can call Him Abba, Daddy, like our kids called us when they were toddlers.  But that is exactly how He invites, even insists, that we see him.
 

As a father, I want my kids to see that all of my strength, provision, and authority come from God.  I want the instruction they receive from me to be based on His word.  I want not to be seen by them as a hypocrite - saying one thing, but acting another.  I want to assume the role of  spiritual leader in my house by credibility, not by domination.

I want to be Abba, Daddy, to my children.

Please pray with me today for all fathers.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce


Father, may words of encouragement, comfort, instruction, and exhortation flow from our lips so that we may spur others on in the faith, most especially our own children.

We pray that You would help Christian fathers everywhere to verbalize their faith and live in a way that honors You and shows others where their source of strength lies.

Help them to be the spiritual leaders of their homes so that a harvest of righteousness and peace will be upon their households. 

We pray this in Jesus' name. 

Amen.

(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/a-prayer-for-godly-fathers-2/)

No comments:

Post a Comment