Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Daily Prayer - Fearfully and wonderfully made

Good Friday morning, my friends.

This week a friend of mine gave me a book by J. Philip Newell entitled "Celtic Benediction".  (Thanks, Brian!)  It is a beautiful collection of Celtic prayers.  

The prayer below is a celebration of God's great love when He chose us to be born in His image.  He still deeply loves you and me.

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well. - (Psalm 139:13-14)

Grace and peace and His love be yours in abundance,
Bruce


That wisdom was born with me in the womb
thanks be to you. O God.
That your ways have been written into 
that human body and soul
there to be read and reverenced
thanks be to you.
Let me be attentive 
to the truths of these living texts.
Let me learn
of the law etched into the whole of creation
that gave birth to the mystery of life
and feeds and renews it day by day.
Let me discern the law of love in my own heart
and in knowing it 
obey it.
Let me be set free by love. O God.
Let me be set free to love.

(J Philip Newell - Celtic Benediction)

No comments:

Post a Comment