Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Daily Prayer - How vast beyond all measure

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
Yesterday I heard a great sermon preached from Romans 8.  A great message of hope.  In that chapter Paul challenges us with the question: "Is God for us or against us?"  The answer, clearly, is that God is on our side, that we are more than just conquerors, that there is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  So if God is for you, who can be against you?  And even if they are, what does it matter?  Is He not infinitely stronger than they?  Return to God; once again lay down your burdens.  Rest in Him.
 
The worship band sang "How Great the Father's Love for Us" at the beginning of the service.  Every time I hear it there are lines that grab me.  I offer it today as our prayer.  If something in there grabs you, please feel free to share it with me.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
 
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory
 
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers
 
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
 
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
 
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
 
(Stuart Townend)

No comments:

Post a Comment