Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Daily Prayer - Seeing with eyes washed by Grace

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
I read this beautiful prayer this morning and wanted to share it with you.  I love the sense of gratitude it portrays and I love the word picture of God washing our eyes with His grace so that we may see ourselves and others He sees us.
 
Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours!
Bruce
 

For the first showings of the morning light and the emerging out line of the day, thanks be to you, O God.
 
For earth's colours drawn forth by the sun, its brilliance piercing clouds of darkness and shimmering through leaves and flowing waters, thanks be to you.
 
Show to me this day, amidst life's dark streaks of wrong and suffering, the light that endures in every person.
 
Dispel the confusions that cling close to my soul that I may see with eyes washed by your grace.
 
That I may see myself and all people with eyes cleansed by the freshness of the new day's light.
 
J. Philip Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment