Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Daily Prayer - Encouragment

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
(I see it has been a week since I have sent one of these messages out.  For the next month or so it will be like that as I take a bit of a summer break, but I will try to get one or two out each week.)
 
I have heard it said that we all need a Paul, a Barnabas, and a Timothy in our lives - a mentor to lead us and teach us; an encourager to cheer us on; and a trainee in the faith in whom we can impart the truth of the Gospel.  I love this model.  I fancy myself a bit of a Barnabas, who was known as an encourager to fellow believers.  His real name was Joseph, but the apostles nicknamed him Barnabas which means "son of encouragement" (Acts 4:36).  My purpose each time I write one of these messages is to encourage you, to cheer you on, and to remind you of the faithfulness of the God who loves you enough to die for your sins.  Let us "encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing" (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Father, kingdom principles that Jesus taught and modeled such as, "It is more blessed to give than to receive" is especially true when we give ourselves fully to the work of the Gospel, encouraging and spurring one another on toward growth in Christ and the good deeds that follow.
 
When we share with others and invest in their lives, we find ourselves mutually blessed, encouraged and built up in the faith as Christ is at work in our hearts.
 
It in His name that we pray. Amen.
 
(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/a-prayer-for-being-an-encourager/)

No comments:

Post a Comment