Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Daily Prayer - Be careful!

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
From experience I can tell you that there are two circumstances when Satan attacks with all he's got: when we are embarking on an adventure for God, and after any spiritual victory.  Those are times that we must be particularly mindful of the enemy's influence in our lives.  I think particularly of my family, and you, my friends, who have been praying for my brother, Lyle, through his battle with leukemia.  He is now home, on a trial basis, as his recovery has been progressing well and ahead of schedule (thanks to your answered prayers!).
 
So I caution you (and me) to be careful in these days - to put on the full armor of God.  Let this prayer serve as a reminder of who we truly are, of our present place in the Kingdom, even if we are sometimes blinded by our earthly surroundings.
 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,
Bruce
 

Father in heaven, thank You for including me as an intercessor, as one who, in Jesus' name, can help defeat the wicked one.  How I rejoice that Jesus is Victor over all the powers of evil, including Satan himself.
 
I praise You that on the cross Jesus stripped the evil rulers and authorities of their power and won the victory over them - and that death could not keep Him in its power.  You showed Your incomparable power by raising Him from the dead and seating Him in the place of supreme honor at Your right hand, a place infinitely superior to any other rule, authority, power, or lordship, both visible and invisible.  There He now reigns in power for us - and prays for us!  So great is His power that His enemies cringe before Him!
 
And You have raised me up and seated me with Him!  I am in Him, high above all our spiritual enemies, and He is in me, far greater than Satan who is in the world.
 
Thank You that these things are true of all Your children.  We are on the winning side!  So I stand boldly before Your throne, grateful that I'm not praying alone.  Rather, I'm joining Your Son and all Your "prayer warriors" as we strive in prayer against the enemy - as we advance Your purposes and defeat Satan's purposes in lives and situations throughout the world.  And in our lives and situations.
 
Father, because of this privilege as Your child, I stand boldly before You and pray for _____________, ________________, and ________________________.
 
I praise You for the overwhelming victories we win as we pray in the name of Jesus - the Name above all names, both now and in all the ages to come.
 
(Warren and Ruth Myers, 31 Days of Prayer - Day 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment