Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Daily Prayer - O for grace to trust Him more

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 

I trust God with my finances, but I still worry about them.  I trust God with my marriage, but I still worry about whether I am a good enough husband..  I trust God with my children, but I still worry about how we are raising them.
 
There is an interesting scene in the Mark's Gospel where a man brings his son to Jesus to be healed.  Jesus says to the man "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."; to which the man replies "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:23-24).  Oh how I can relate.  How many times must Jesus show us that He is trustworthy before we believe it?  I can look back over my life and see it again and again.  And I do believe it, but Lord, help my unbelief!
 
O for grace to trust Him more.
 

Grace and peace and belief be yours in abundance!
Bruce
 

Father, You have called us to a journey of faith where we learn to trust You for all that we have need of, for the present and the future – in our relationships, our health,  our earthly provisions and our spiritual needs. 
 
Like the songwriter, Louisa Stead, wrote; "I'm so glad I learned to trust You, precious Jesus, Savior, Friend; For I know that You are with me; Will be with me to the end.  Jesus, Jesus How I trust You, How I've proved You o'er and o'er;  Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus,  O for grace to trust You more." 
 
Help us to find the sweetness of wholeheartedly trusting in You, we pray in Jesus' name. 
 
Amen.
 
(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/a-prayer-of-trust-when-its-hard/)

No comments:

Post a Comment