Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Daily Prayer - Random?

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
I want to share with you one last message from my sister, Beth, on this journey our family has been on.  As some have noted to me, perhaps Beth should start her own blog - she certainly conveys her heart and faith in a way people can relate to... 

Well friends and family, I head home tomorrow with very mixed emotions. I feel like I've been gone for a very long time so it will be nice to get home (and wonderful when I get to see my hubby and baby girl next Sunday). But leaving isn't easy either. Lyle has been up and down since the transplant. There are so many drugs and so many variables and his body is starting a new fight which is tiring. It's been a huge education in science and medicine. It hasn't exactly been a vacation but there have been some good times and good laughs along the way. God has been so gracious and kind. I talked to a 75 year old lady today who also counts herself blessed as she has battled her own cancer for 7 years. Without the breakthroughs in medicines and cancer treatments, she wouldn't have lasted 5 months. The time has allowed her to reconnect with her estranged children, the final holdout being her oldest daughter who she spoke to on July 4th for the first time in 10 years. God brings many blessings through trials and gives us chances to reconnect, heal, and make amends. These journeys may not be easy, but they are not wasted time. Ironically this same random elderly lady that we ended up sharing lunch with because the cafeteria was so full, told me that she has 9 children... 7 of whom live in Calgary.... the other 2 in Charlottetown, PEI. I fully expect to run into them randomly some day because that's just what God seems to do. I wish you all blessings in the midst of your own trials and I thank you for sharing this journey with me and all my family. Thank you for your continual prayers, encouragement and support. I will see you all soon. Signing off with love from Calgary. Beth 
 
Nothing is random.  God intertwines lives in a way we can not imagine.  Our trials, difficulties and failures will put us in contact with people we would never otherwise have met.  And this all fits in with God's greater perspective, His great plan.  Keep this in mind as you meet someone new today.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Almighty God, Father God, God of great mercy. I love and am grateful I can come before you knowing you accept me as your child whom you love.
 
Thank you so much dear Jesus that you are with me where ever I go. Like a child in his mother's arms I come to you. Take ownership of me, guide me, prompt me, teach me, and instruct me dear God in the way I should go. May your great plan for my life be fulfilled so I may be closer to you.
 
Thank you Father even for the trials and failures that I have endured and will endure.  Teach me that Your plan is unfolding according to Your purpose even in those hard times.  Open my eyes to the people You place in my path, especially in those times, and may I pour into their lives in a way that affects eternity for them and others.
 
Thank you dear God for all you have done and will do.
 
(adapted from http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=2905)

No comments:

Post a Comment