Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Daily Prayer - Let there be light!

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
Jesus said "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)
 
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it" (John 1:5)
 
Without physical light we cannot see the physical world.  Without spiritual light we cannot see God at work. Let His light illuminate your life today, and see His amazing hand at work all around you.
 

Grace and peace and light be yours in abundance,
Bruce 
 
 
I watch this morning
for the light that the darkness has not overcome. 
 
I watch for the fire that was in the beginning
and that burns still in the brilliance of the rising sun. 
 
I watch for the glow of life that gleams in the growing earth
and glistens in the sea and sky. 
 
I watch for your light, O God,
in the eyes of every living creature and in the ever-living flame of my own soul. 
 
If the grace of seeing were mine this day
I would glimpse you in all that lives. 
 
Grant me the grace of seeing this day. 
Grant me the grace of seeing.
 
(J Phillip Newell - Celtic Benediction)

No comments:

Post a Comment