Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Daily Prayer - Focus

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
I read these words of wisdom yesterday on Chris Erdman's "Living Prayer Meditations - Contemplative Prayer"  blog: 
Keep watch over the speed of your words when speaking,
the character of your handwriting,
the quality of your eye contact,
the quickness of your mind to return to center
with each distracting thought.
These are words to live by, especially for followers of Christ who seek to bring others to an understanding of the great Gift awaiting them should they choose to accept it - a relationship with Jesus, and reconciliation with God. 
 
I am particularly prone to distracting thoughts. And my handwriting is nothing to write home about either! The quality of our eye contact is a direct indicator of how well we are listening to the person we are engaging.  Like I said, words to live by.  How quickly does your mind return to Center?
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce
 

Father, there are so many enticements this world has to offer that rival for my devotion.
 
I must be careful not to let the  allurements this world has to offer deter me from the bigger picture; my eternal home in heaven or the promises that are yet to be filled.
 
So that I don't lose sight of the kingdom of God, I desire godly discernment day in and day out in the choices I make that will help me remain faithful and fully committed to You in my Christian walk.
 
I ask for Your help in the strong name of Jesus, my Lord and Savior.  Amen.
 
(http://adailyprayer.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/a-prayer-for-an-eternal-perspective-3/)

No comments:

Post a Comment