Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Daily Prayer - An undivided heart

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
James 1:6-8 says "But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."
 
I see myself being "double-minded" all to often, and these verses hit me hard.  Recently, however, I read a wonderful prayer in Psalm 86 that puts this in a different light.  Rather than being double-minded, it speaks of a divided heart.  This is perhaps closer to what I am experiencing - wanting to  worship and praise god with all my heart, but sensing part of it rebelling. 
 
Lift this prayer today if you ever find your heart has divided loyalties.  Tell God you want to praise Him with ALL your heart.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Teach me your way, Lord,
    that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
    that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
    I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your love toward me;
    you have delivered me from the depths,
    from the realm of the dead.
 
Psalm 86:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment