Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

A prayer of thanksgiving

Good Friday afternoon, my friends.

We feel particularly blessed in my family this week.  God provides for all our needs, and most of our wants.  I want to honour Him today with a prayer of thanksgiving.  You may also feel gratitude for His provision this week, but even if your heart isn't quite there right now please offer up this prayer as a means of being thankful regardless of your circumstances.


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." (Philippians 4:6)

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Colossians 3:17)

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" (Hebrews 13:5)


Have a wonderful weekend.


Grace and peace to you be multiplied,
Bruce


Lord God, you have provided, 
you are providing, 
and you will provide: 
I believe, 
help my unbelief! 

From unexpected places, 
in unmistakeable ways, 
with gracious generosity 
and gratifying regularity 
you have provided for the needs
of me and my family, 
and graciously kept our stores 
of oil and flour 
from running out.

I thank you, Sovereign Lord, 
with my whole heart, 
and ask you to please 
continue. 

Amen.




Bruce MacPherson 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment