Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Good Tuesday afternoon, my friends.
I am sure many of you will remember Bobby McFerrin's (somewhat anoying) pop hit - Don't Worry, Be Happy!  But how many of you realize that it is Biblical?  They are practically a direct translation of the words of Jesus in Matthew 14:27:
"Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid."
Jesus actually repeats both of these phrases "Be of good cheer" and "Do not be afraid" over and over again in the New Testament.  Why all the repitition? Well, why do parents tend to drill things into their children, telling them again and again until they "get it"?  Let's be honest - we, Chrstians, are a little thick.  So stop for a few minutes and let it sink in .... don't worry - be happy!
Grace and peace and good cheer be yours in abundance,
Bruce
Father, I thank you that I have been delivered from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of Your dear Son. I commit to live free from worry in the name of Jesus, for the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
I humble myself under your mighty hand that in due time You may exalt me. I cast the whole of my cares (name them)–all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all–on You. You care for me affectionately and care about me watchfully. You sustain me. You will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved–made to slip, fall, or fail!
Father, I delight myself in you and you perfect that which concerns me.
I cast down imaginations (reasoning's) and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of You, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.  I lay aside every weight and the sin of worry which does try so easily to beset me.  I run with patience the race that is set before me, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith.
I thank you father, that You are able to keep that which I have committed unto You.  I think on (fix my mind on) those things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and deserving of praise.  I let not my heart be troubled.  I abide in Your words, and Your Words abide in me.  Therefore, Father, I do not forget what manner of person I am.  I look into the perfect law of liberty and continue therein, being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the Word and thus blessed in my doing!
Thank you, Father.  I am carefree.  I walk in that peace which passes all understanding in Jesus' name!

 
 

Bruce MacPherson  
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment