Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
Last evening, Rosemary and I had the privilidge of attending a prescreening of a new movie from the folks who produced Facing the Giants and Fireproof.  These are both excellent movies and I recommend you rent, borrow, or buy them (notice I didn't say "steal"!).  Facing the Giants will challenge and encourage your faith.  Fireproof will challange you to look at your marriage in a whole new way and build it into something Godly.
 
The new movie is called Courageous and it is all about being the parent that God created us to be.  It primarily focuses on fathers, but there are lots of applications for mothers as well.  You will see a scene in the trailer where a group of guys are sitting around and one guy tells the main character "you have been a good enough father".  The reply is "I don't want to be a 'good enough' father".  I heard this and I thought about the idea we have been talking about the past few days - profaning God's name by having Him appear less powerful than He is.  As a parent, I have profaned God's name.  I have been far from the father I have been called to be.  Through prayer and studying scripture I hope to learn how to improve on that.  But learning is no good without putting it into practice.  "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."  (Proverbs 51:10)
 
"Courageous" opens in theatres everywhere on September 30th.  If you are married, I recommend you attend as a couple.
 
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 
Lord, we pray for the men who are fathers.
 
We pray that they will have the courage to accept all of the responsibilities that entails.
 
We pray they will stand up, face the challenges, and lead their families.
 
We pray they will love, teach, guide, discipline, disciple, respect and protect their sons and daughters.
 
We pray they will look for opportunities to speak into the lives of children around them who have no fathers.
 
We pray you will bless them in their efforts, and support them through the many trials they will face.
 
In the holy name of Your Son, Jesus, we pray.  AMEN.
 

 
Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment