Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

 

One of my favourite Proverbs is:

 

Create in me a pure heart, O God,

   and renew a steadfast spirit within me (Proverbs 51:10)

 

Something I read recently made me love it even more.  The word rendered "Create" in this passage is the same one used in Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth".  It denotes creating something out of nothing, not fixing something that already exists, an action only God could do.  
 
If I am to have a new heart, it will not be made from healing the damaged one I now have.God will create a brand new, pure heart in me that will be able to love in a way I could not even imagine right now.  And that is so much more than I have been praying through this scripture.  His thoughts are indeed higher than mine. 
 
Could you use a heart like this?

 

 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,

Bruce

 

Father, like the Psalmist, I pray that You will teach me Your way and that I will walk in Your truth. 

 

Give me a pure, undivided heart that I may fear Your name. 

 

When I'm tempted to compromise my faith help me to remember that You want a pure heart, one that is not trying to serve both God and man. 

 

I want Your favor more than the approval of others, so help me to stay true to Your principles and reject that which contradicts or lessens the full meaning of Your spoken truths. 

 

In Jesus name I pray.  Amen.


Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment