Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Daily Prayer

Good Monday morning, my friends.

 

1 Peter 4:8-9 says "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling."

 

Rosemary and I love to have people over to our house – we enjoy entertaining.  But I learned something this weekend – "entertaining" is not the same as "hospitality".  Entertaining is something we do to impress our friends or bosses.  Hospitality is something done in love.  The word "hospitality" comes from a Latin word that means "Lord of strangers".  Well, we haven't invited too many strangers to our home for a meal lately.  Maybe it's time to rethink how we open our home to others.  And do it "without grumbling"! 

 

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace be yours,

Bruce 
 
I saw a stranger today.
 
I put food for him
in the eating-place
 
And drink
in the drinking-place
 
And music
in the listening-place.
 
In the Holy name
of the Trinity
He blessed myself
and my family.
 
And the lark said in her warble
Often, often, often
Goes Christ
in the stranger's guise.
 
O, oft and oft and oft,
Goes Christ
in the stranger's guise.
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment