Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daily Prayer - Be Still

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.
 
As I wrote about recently, God has told me to relax and enjoy a relationship with Him.  This directive to rest comes directly from scripture and is repeated over and over in both the Old Testament and the New: 
God finished the work that he had done, and he rested… (Genesis 2:2)
 
When you are disturbed, do not sin; ponder it on your beds and be silent (Psalms 4:4)
 
Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him;
Do not fret over those who prosper in their way,
over those who carry out evil devices (Psalms 37:7)
 
Be still and know that I am God!
I am exalted among the nations. I am exalted in the earth. (Psalms 46:10)
 
Come to me, all you that are weary and carrying heavy loads,
and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
 Are you and I resting in our relationship with God or are we too busy to find time for that?
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce 
O Heavenly Father, in these few minutes of quiet stillness I place myself and all my problems humbly before you for your guidance and blessing.
 
Help me to empty my mind of all earthly thoughts so that in this stillness I may be conscious of your Heavenly Presence.
 
Let the warm glow of your wonderful Healing Power come into me, lifting all pain and distress from body and mind, enriching me with new life and energy and giving me inner peace and a calm serenity.
 
Whatever my duties now or in the future I shall always turn to you for guidance and inspiration, knowing that your light will be shining on my path to help me walk through the darkness of this world in the way you would have me walk—my hand in yours.
 
O Heavenly father, bless me with renewed courage, strength and understanding that I may faithfully serve you and do Your Will in all things.
 
Through the mediation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen
 
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine
heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. (Psalm 27:13-15)
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment