Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Daily Prayer - Credibility

Good Monday morning, my friends,
 
Sharing the "good news", the Gospel, is something that has been on my mind a lot lately.  But one of the things that can keep me from doing this with family, friends and co-workers is a lack of credibility on my part. When I am seen to be petty, angry, jealous, materialistic, etc., etc. by those around me, how can I effectively communicate the life that God wants us to have?  This is one of Satan's tactics - to make us appear to be hypocrites - and he is quite good at it.  So join me in prayer today that we will be credible to those around us and that we can serve God effectively.
 
 
Amazing Grace and Eternal peace be yours,
Bruce
 
 
Father, Your Word indicates the way we interact with those outside the faith will have a positive or a negative influence on whether they choose to follow You. 
 
There appears to be no neutral mode in our lives, for we do not live unto ourselves, but regularly give account for our actions and attitudes daily.
 
Inconsistency and double standards have long been a trap Satan has set so that the world will point their accusatory finger and cry, "Hypocrite!" 
 
Sadly, it is often a true characterization.
 
May we, as Your disciples, be faithful in our walk and consistent in our talk as we serve You at home, in the workplace, in our churches, and in our sphere of influence. 
 
We do not want to bring disgrace on the holy name of Jesus, but we want to honor His name as we glorify You in all we do. 
 
It is in Jesus' holy name that we pray.  Amen.
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment