Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Daily Prayer - Let's Be Peacemakers

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
I love it when a piece of familiar scripture speaks to me in a new way.  Or more presicely, that God speaks to me through scripture in a new way.  This morning I read 2 Corinthians 5:18 in the Contemporary English Version.  It says: 
God has done it all! He sent Christ to make peace between himself and us, and he has given us the work of making peace between himself and others.
How clearly that reflects the words of Jesus in "The Great Commission": 
Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Or how about this from the Beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount:
"God blesses those people who make peace.  They will be called his children!" (Matthew 5:9). 
Who in your world needs to make peace with God?  Most likely God already has them searching - your job is just to point the way. 
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce
 
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is discord, unity;
where there is doubt, faith,
where there is error, truth
where there is despair, hope;
where there is sadness, joy;
where there is darkness, light.
 
Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
 
For it is giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is dying that we are born to eternal life.
 
St Francis of Assisi
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment