Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Daily Prayer - Dealing with temptation

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
Do you have a strategy to deal with temptation?  Do you expose the lies of the enemy when they are whispered in your head?  Do you listen to the still, small voice of God telling you that you are His child?  Yeah, me neither - at least not enough.  But we should.  Offer this prayer today.  And perhaps keep it posted near the place where you are most often tempted.
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce 
 
Jesus, though Satan's temptations swirl about me in many forms and in various venues I resist the enemy's desire to reside in my life. 
 
Even as the devil seeks to wrap his noxious tentacles around my heart, I stand firm against him because You, Jesus, are the Protector of my soul, who stands guard at all times. 
 
I am grateful for the warning signals often repeated throughout the Bible that teach me about Satan's strategy.
 
Thank You for Your still, small voice regularly reminding me that I am a child of God purchased by Your life-giving blood. 
 
May everything that passes before my eyes and all activities I engage in reflect the light of Your redeeming love within me.
 
It is through Your power that I resist the devil and stand firm in the faith. 
 
Amen.
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment