Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Daily Prayer - Relax!

Good Monday morning, my friends.
 
This weekend I received a gentle message from God:  "Relax!". 
 
Ok, that wasn't exactly what He said, but it is close.  As I was digesting some material I had been reading about Christian doctrine I felt God say to me "You are trying too hard.  You are more concerned about what you will do next for Me than just enjoying our relationship."  And to put an exclamation point to his message, the preacher then stood up and began his sermon with the words "Being is more important than doing" in exactly the same context.  (Usually I have to hear things three times before it sinks in, but He was direct enough this time to make His point in just two!) 
 
Now those of you who know me well are thinking, "Duh - no kidding, Bruce.  We figured that out about you long ago."  And I guess I did too, but just didn't know what to do about it.  And I am not completely sure right now but I will be spending time praying about it and time just "being". 
 
How about you?  Are you doing more than being?  Do you, as I, sometimes feel you have to work to please Him?  Feel like you have to be "doing"?  If so then we are both "doing" it for the wrong reason.  We need to do it because we want to.  Yes, there are lot's of good works that He has planned for us to do (and those are important), but He is much more interested in our hearts than in our hands.  So relax!  And enjoy some queit time with your God.
 
 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
Father God, I come into your presence so aware of my human frailty and yet overwhelmed by your love for me.
 
I thank you that there is no human experience that I might walk through where your love cannot reach me.
 
If I climb the highest mountain you are there and yet if I find myself in the darkest valley of my life, you are there.
 
Teach me today to love you more.
 
Help me to rest in that love that asks nothing more than the simple trusting heart of a child.
 
In Jesus name, Amen
 
 
 
 
Bruce MacPherson
 
macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821
 
You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.
 
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.
 
Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment