Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Daily Prayer - Freedom

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
This week I have been listening to a sermons series on Paul's letter to the church in Rome.  There are four sermons in this series by Andy Stanley, called "Free", and I have heard three so far. 
 
If you can relate to this passage of scripture, then these messages are for you:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. (Romans 7:15, 18b-19)
If you have ever read it you will know that Romans can be a bit of a struggle.  And these sermons are no different.  I have been listening to each one twice before moving on to the next, and I highly recommend this approach.  But trust me - they are absolutely worth the effort.  The first one is probably the most challenging - don't let it discourage you - persevere!
 
You can find videos of the sermons here, or download the mp3 podcasts here:  Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.
 
I hope you can find time to work through these and receive the promise of having life and having it to the full (John 10:10).
 

Grace and peace and freedom be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 
All-powerful and ever-living God,
at morning, noon and evening we pray:
cast out from our hearts the darkness of sin
and bring us to the light of your truth.
 
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
 
AMEN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment