Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Daily Prayer - Celebrating Easter

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

Do you "celebrate" Easter?  Do you "celebrate" the suffering and death of our Saviour?  If you have ever watched The Passion of the Christ, you will know that crucifixion is the most painful form of capital punishment ever devised by men.  It is difficult to watch, is it not?  God could have chosen to have His Son die in any number of ways, buy why this one?  God chose this method, I believe, to show us the seriousness of our sin.  We tend to gloss it over, seeing some as minor, some as major.  But God takes all sin seriously.  So seriously that His Son died the most cruel death imaginable so that your sin and my sin could be atoned for.

Are you celebrating Easter?


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


God of such unwavering love, 
how do I "celebrate" 
the passion and death of Jesus? 

I often want to look the other way 
and not watch, 
not stay with Jesus in his suffering. 

Give me the strength 
to see his love with honesty and compassion 
and to feel deeply 
your own forgiveness and mercy for me. 

Help me to understand 
how to "celebrate" this week. 

I want be able to bring 
my weaknesses and imperfections with me 
as I journey with Jesus this week, 
so aware of his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment