Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Daily Prayer - Shine!

Good Friday morning, my friends.
 
Jesus says to us (you and me, not just those who were standing before Him that day):
 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16)
God "set" you on a hill - set you and I in our current locations to be a light to the world around us.  First we have to choose to let our light shine in our location.  Then, and here is the hard part for me, we have to do it so that others will give glory to my Father in heaven, rather than to us.
 
Here is what I have in mind for today.  In every conversation I have I want to remember that God is also a participant.  I want to listen to what He has to say, and allow Him to guide the conversation.  More specifically, there are two people I work with whom I want to invite to church this Sunday - I am going to watch for the opening God gives me.
 
I will let you know on Monday how it goes! (I would LOVE it if you joined me in this today.  Please let me know what you have planned how it turns out.)
 

Grace and peace be yours (and mine) in abundance,
Bruce
 
Lord Jesus let Your light shine through us to drive back the darkness in the world around us.
 

1 comment:

  1. Shine
    Make 'em wonder what you got
    Make 'em wish that they were not
    On the outside, looking bored
    Shine
    Let it shine before all men
    Let 'em see good works and then
    Let 'em glorify the Lord
    (The Newsboys)

    I have a joke (well, I think it's funny, anyway) that I've slipped in a couple of times at Westpoionte: that if each of us invited one other person to church, we'd have twice as many people there. (Amelia shakes her head and the others look like, "did I just miss something?")
    But it's true: it just takes each of us inviting one person to church -- special introductory offer (the first one is free) -- and if you and your church shine, they'll be hooked, too!

    ReplyDelete