Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Daily Prayer - Day and night

Good Thursday morning, my friends.
 
There is probably nothing more important or helpful in our walk of faith than time reading the Word of God. As the psalmist says:

Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree
    planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
    and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
Psalm 1:1-3
Meditate on it day and night.  Prayer is the partner of Bible reading - pray that God will help you to understand what you read, remember what you read, and put into practice what you read.  Pray that your appetite for God's Word grows.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Father, I ask for discernment that I may understand Your statutes.
 
I pray for understanding that I might know how to implement these truths into my life.
 
I also pray that I will grow to love and embrace Your laws so that it becomes a natural outflow of my commitment in following You.
 
Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment