Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Daily Prayer - Proclaim!

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.
 
As I read this prayer it occurred to me that we need to make this proclamation on a regular basis.  In the tradition I grew up in, we recited the creed (usually the Apostles Creed seen here, sometimes the Nicene Creed) in every Sunday service:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, 
creator of heaven and earth.
 
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord, 
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, 
born of the Virgin Mary, 
suffered under Pontius Pilate, 
was crucified, died, and was buried; 
he descended to the dead. 
On the third day he rose again; 
he ascended into heaven, 
he is seated at the right hand of the Father, 
and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, 
the holy catholic church, 
the communion of saints, 
the forgiveness of sins, 
the resurrection of the body, 
and the life everlasting.
AMEN.
 
Stating what we believe gives us a grounding, a perspective that the hear-and-now isn't the be-and-all.  That there is more to life than what we see; God has a plan of redemption for His creation.
 

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce
 

Jesus, Name above all names, I confess with my lips and believe in my heart that You are the Lord and Savior of my life.
 
You died for my sins and rose to life making it possible for me to die to sin and rise to new life in You.
 
I thank You for the victory that is mine as I, in my heart, set Christ apart as Lord, not only in this world but in the world to come.
 
Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment