Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Daily Prayer - Distractions

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

Do you sometimes (often?) find your mind wandering during prayer?  Or while reading your Bible?  Do you suddenly think there is something else you need to be doing RIGHT NOW as you read or pray?

It happens to me all the time.  And friends I have talked to express the same frustration.  The enemy wants to disrupt our time with the Lord and works very hard to do so.

Pray with me for alertness and gratitude in our prayers today (and everyday).


Grace and peace and alertness be your in abundance!
Bruce



Dear Lord, work with me so that I will always be alert and thankful when I pray, whether alone or with others.  So much depends on prayer!  Don't let me be careless, or distracted, or on-and-off in my praying.

May the same be true as I immerse myself in Your Word.  I praise you for inspiring this marvellous Book to build us up and set us free.  How glad I am for the way it keeps me on track in my praying and living!

(31 Days of Prayer - Moving God's Mighty Hand, Day 6, p68, Warren and Ruth Myers)

No comments:

Post a Comment