Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Daily Prayer - Tired of being a lost sheep?

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

We know all too well what lies at the end of giving in to temptation.  And yet we give in to the empty promises, the lies.  We end up alone in the wilderness.  I don't know about you, but I am tired of being a lost sheep.  I want to stay with the flock, enjoy their fellowship, and celebrate with the Shepherd when other lost ones are brought back!

Come graze with me.


Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Bruce


Father, because I love Your commands more than worldly pleasures or temporal possessions I despise the paths that lead me astray like a lost sheep. 

You have gone before me and cleared the way so that I might follow in Your steps and the steps of other righteous, godly saints.  

I am comforted in knowing that I don't walk alone, but I walk hand in hand with You as my Guide. 

Through eyes of faith I see a great cloud of witnesses, those spoken of in the Bible and those I've known in my lifetime, who've already finished the race cheering me on as I persevere on this path of righteousness. 

May I willingly endure hardship as it disciplines my commitment to walking in Your ways. I want to wholeheartedly seek You above everything else, for You are a Rewarder of those who diligently seek You. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment