Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

Daily Prayer - Need a tutor?

Good Friday morning, my friends.


"Let us...approach the throne of grace with confidence"  Hebrews 4:16

Why can we come with confidence?  Is it because we're worthy, or skilled in prayer?  No.  It's because Jesus, our great High Priest, who understands us and sympathizes with our weaknesses, invites us to come boldly (Hebrews 4:16, Ephesians 3:12).  So, if you feel inadequate in prayer, don't get discouraged and stop praying.  "We learn to pray by praying."
Keep on praying, coming to God simply yet confidently, as a small child comes to his father.  Count on the Lord to teach you to pray.  He's an excellent Tutor.

31 Days of Prayer, Warren and Ruth Myers, Day 13

We all need a tutor when it comes to prayer.  Why not choose the Best?


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce

Gracious Father - High King of heaven, yet my Father!  

You are seated in the throne room of the universe on a throne of grace, a throne of favor for the undeserving.  

What a privilege it is to come to Your throne unafraid, with utter freedom and confidence, assured of Your glad welcome - "to run right into Your throne room and find Your arms open wide!" (Kay Arthur)  

To know that I'll find mercy for my failures and grace for my every need!  

What good news that I don't need to be almost perfect to come boldly into Your presence! 

Your mercy lets me come with my mistakes, my sins, my needs - as long as I come honestly  

Thank You that You are always ready to forgive, always eager to hear my voice and answer my prayers.

(31 Days of Prayer, Warren and Ruth Myers, Day 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment