Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Daily Prayer - Fumbling with the lock

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

Be filled with the Holy Spirit.  If only it were that simple.  It hasn't been for me.  But in His time, and in His goodness, God is teaching me how to allow the Holy Spirit to fill me.  Having freewill means we have to give God permission to change us.  Remember the words of Jesus: "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20).  The onus is on us to take off the safety chain, release the deadbolt, and open the door.  I don't know about you, but I want to sit and eat with Jesus - but sometimes I fumble with the lock.  

Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


Thank You, my wonderful Father, the Source of every good and perfect gift, that You have sent Your Spirit to live in me - as a fountain of living water within me, springing up to refresh my heart and renew my mind.  How sufficient His power is for my needs and for the needs of all Your children!  Thank You for Your promise of His ministry in our lives day by day, as we continue to ask and seek and knock.

I yield, Lord, to Your Spirit.  I pray that He will fill me today and minister to me and through me.  May He enlighten and nourish me through Your Word, strengthen my inner person, and fill my heart to overflowing with Your love.  May He produce in me the very temperament of Jesus - His ways of thinking and behaving and reacting.  Father, may this be especially true in my relationships - family and otherwise - in which I'm most prone to act and react in unloving ways.

I pray that the Spirit will empower me with boldness.  Wherever I may be, may He flow out from my inmost being as refreshing rivers of living water, meeting the needs of others.  Help me depend on Him as I pray, counting on His presence within me, interceding for me and along with me.  How much better He is than even my best and closest prayer partner!

I plead with You, Lord, for these same ministries of the Spirit in my prayer partners and others who pray for Your work around the globe.

How much we need a revival of prayer, so that Christ's great commission will be fulfilled in all the world.  Lord, bring one!

(31 Days of Prayer, Warren and Ruth Myers, Day 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment