Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Daily Prayer - Expect the unexpected

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

Are your prayers limiting what God can do in your life and the life of those around you?

Andrew Murray once wrote: 

"Beware, above everything else in your praying, of limiting God, not only by unbelief but also by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things, 'abundantly above all that we ask or think' (Ephesians 3:20). Each time you intercede, be quiet first and worship God in His glory. Meditate on what He can do. Then expect great things!"

Pray with a perspective that God can do anything, well beyond what we could ask or imagine!

Prayer is work.  But it is work of great value and with great rewards.  

"Epaphras, who is one of you, is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured." (Colossians 4:12)


Grace and peace be yours in abundance,
Bruce


It's a pleasure, lord, to come into Your presence, and be still before You, and rest in Your love. How good it is to worship You and commune with You. And what strength and refreshment come from warm fellowship with You!

But don't let me forget that prayer is more than this. Give me grace to work diligently in prayer for others. And as you lead, to wrestle earnestly in prayer on their behalf. Put special burdens on my heart, and enable me to pour out my heart for You to fulfill Your purposes.

Father, Your great desire is for all Your children to be both mature and effective. Do this for me, and for those in my church.  Do it for fellow believers throughout our area.  And our country. Do it for all believers!

Thank You for your Spirit and the power He gives me to serve You - and others - through prayer. Thank You for the way praise refreshes and strengthens me to work hard in prayer, and the way it stimulates my faith and helps assure answers.

Greatly use those who are seeking to rally Your people to pray. Raise up many who will pray faithfully, pleading with You to work mightily in all the world.

(31 Days of Prayer, Warren and Ruth Myers, Day 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment