Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Daily Prayer - a love like Yours...

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.

I love the prayer below.  I want to love the Church as Jesus does.  I like that it asks God to search my heart for hindrances, not having me search it for myself - I tend to miss things.  Spend time in the prayer today.  Meditate on it.


Grace and peace and love be yours in abundance!
Bruce


Lord of love, You are the one Source of perfect, unfailing love. Love that is sacrificial, impartial, and permanent! Work in me a growing love and affection for all people, and especially for all believers—a love like Yours: merciful, compassionate, ready to forgive, patient, considerate, deeply concerned about others' well-being.

Show me if there's anything in my heart that would keep me from praying with Your love. Do You see grievances there? Anger? An unforgiving spirit? Resentment toward anyone in my past, or in my present? Envy or jealousy? Critical attitudes? Selfishness or pride? Anything else that hinders love? Show me. And give me grace to repent and ask You to forgive me. Help me take the initiative in restoring any broken or damaged relationships with others in my family, at work, or at my church.

May the Spirit flood my heart with Your love, washing away any unloving attitudes. Then may Your pure, warm love motivate me as I pray and flow through me toward every person my life touched day be day. I plead with You for this! And I believe You will do it.

And Lord, do these things for all who partner with You in prayer, wherever they may be.

Amen

(From 31 Days of Prayer by Ruth and Warren Myers, Day 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment