Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Be still

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

Well, summer is upon us.  Yesterday marked it's first day - the longest day of the year.  Wouldn't it be better if the longest day was around the first of September?  As the summer progressed, the days would get longer rather than shorter.  Who could I speak to about that?  Oh, yeah - Him!  But I digress.  Summer is typically a time for family vacations, some time off, some relaxing.  If you are happen to be one of these lucky people (and even if you aren't), put the words of Psalm 46:10 into practice -




"Be still, and know that I am God; 



       I will be exalted among the nations, 



       I will be exalted in the earth."

Be still.  Be still and know that He is God.  And you (and I) are not.  That is one of the greatest stress relievers I know.  To remember that Someone else is in charge.  Someone who knows so much better what is good for me and what isn't.  So why not let Him be in control?  (He actually is anyways, no matter how much we try to delude ourselves!)  Accept the peace that comes from being still.

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce





You have taught us 



that in returning and rest 



we shall be saved,



in quietness and confidence 



we shall be strengthened. 







By your Spirit 



lift us to your presence 



where we may be still 



and know that you are God. 







from the Book of Common Prayer




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment