Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Forgiveness

Good Monday morning, my friends.

Psalm 51:10-12 say:


 Create in me a pure heart, O God, 

       and renew a steadfast spirit within me.



 Do not cast me from your presence 

       or take your Holy Spirit from me.



 Restore to me the joy of your salvation 

       and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


If we are honest, even though we have been saved and forgiven, we still sin on a regular basis.  For me, one of the most amazing things about the cross of Jesus is not that all of my past sins are forgiven, it's that all of my current and future sins a wiped out as well.  God knows that I am not perfect, and will not even be close to that until I am in His presence.  That's why he said "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Are you putting too much pressure on yourself to be perfect, and not enjoying the freedom of salvation?  Please remember that when you fail (and you will) come back to Him, ask for forgiveness, repent (turn away from your sin), and accept His mercy.  Let him hug you and tell you all over again how much He loves you.  Nothing you EVER do will make him love you any less.

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you,
Bruce




Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings, you have power over life and death. 



You know even things that are uncertain and obscure, and our very thoughts and feelings are not hidden from you. 



Cleanse me from my secret faults, and I have done wrong and you saw it. 



You know how weak I am, both in soul and in body. Give me strength, O Lord, in my frailty and sustain me in my sufferings. 



Grant me a prudent judgement, dear Lord, and let me always be mindful of your blessings. 



Let me retain until the end your grace that has protected me till now. 



St Ephrem of Syria, Deacon, Poet and Doctor





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment