Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lord, teach us to pray

Good Wednesday morning, my friends.


This is a beautiful morning prayer by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  So often I do not pray because I feel I do not know what or how to pray.  But, like the apostles, we should say: "Lord, teach us to pray!"  I have found that when I sincerely ask for this, that He aligns my heart with His, and my prayer becomes the most amazing time in His presence.

Ask and you shall receive.

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce


O God, early in the morning I cry to you. 

Help me to pray 
And to concentrate my thoughts on you: 
I cannot do this alone. 

In me there is darkness, 
But with you there is light; 
I am lonely, but you do not leave me; 
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help; 
I am restless, but with you there is peace. 

In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience; 
I do not understand your ways, 
But you know the way for me…
Restore me to liberty,
And enable me to live now
That I may answer before you and before me.

Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment