Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Make me a dispenser of grace

Good Friday morning, my friends.

What does it mean when we say we want to be more "Christlike"?  It sure sounds good, but how does it actually play out in our lives?

I like the way the prayer below spells it out. Make me a lover of souls.  Make me a dispenser of grace.  I like that.  (Please substitute gender references as necessary.)

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce



Make me more and more like you, Lord. 


Make me a servant, like you. 


Make me a lover of souls, like you. 


Make me a shepherd, like you. 


Make me a rod in your hand, 

a cedar of Lebanon, 

a man of integrity. 


Make me a mighty man of valor. 


Make me a healer of hurts, 

a dispenser of grace, 

a fount of compassion, 


Like you.



Amen.






Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment