Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Prayer as a conversation

Good Friday morn ... er ... afternoon, my friends!

I had an interesting prayer time this morning on my way to work.  I started, as I usually do, with "Good morning, God" and was about to move on to my next stock line about thanking him for my blessings, when I stopped and said "How are you today?".  And all of a sudden everything changed - it became a conversation.  I ended up asking him a series of questions, rather than just asking for a series of blessings.  Below are some of the questions I asked Him, and I challenge you to try this.  Use this list, or make up your own, just try it - see how it works out.  And if you are up for it, let me know how it goes.

  • Do you love me?
  • How have I disappointed or offended you today?
  • Will you bless me today?
  • Will you bless my family today?
  • Will you bless my co-workers today?
  • How can I best serve you today?
  • Will you please help me to be a better husband?  A better father? A better friend?
  • Can I win the Lotto Max draw tonight?  (nah, just kidding)

What would be on your list of things to ask Him?  Do you let Him tell you what is on his heart?


talking with Father God

Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you,
Bruce





God, my Father, may I love You in all things and above all things. 

May I reach the joy which You have prepared for me in Heaven. 

Nothing is good that is against Your Will, 
and all that is good comes from Your Hand. 

Place in my heart a desire to please You 
and fill my mind with thoughts of Your Love, 



so that I may grow in Your Wisdom and enjoy Your Peace. 











Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment