Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Fear of God

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

What does it mean to "fear God"?  Does it mean we should live our lives walking on egg shells, afraid that at any time He might "smite" us?  No, that's not what it means.  Fear in this case is more like respectful awe.  We should be afraid to offend Him, because He is so holy.  We should live our lives to please Him because He has done so much for us.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (Proverbs 1:7)

Live in "fear", and love, today.

Amazing Grace and Peace that surpasses all understanding be yours,
Bruce



Cause me to fear you in a healthy way. 



I love calling you my father, my dad, my papa, but at the same time, I need to realize that your personal love for me needs to be mixed with a healthy fear that you are the Almighty God who created all things and holds all things together and that you demand holiness, righteousness and justice in everything I do and in all that I am. 



Cause me to fear you in a healthy way.




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment