Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Answered prayer!

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

So I am curious - how many of you prayed for the salvation of family members after reading yesterday's prayer?  

How many prayed for the brother of the man I spoke of?  

Well, I didn't - I was too caught-up with praying for my own family, and that slipped my mind.  But he was being prayed for.  And God listened to those prayers!  I found this incredible message in my inbox this morning:



I did have opportunity to lead my brother in a prayer of repentance while he was in the hospital. I trust he committed his life to Christ.



A roommate in the hospital told my brother-in-law that Ben sang hymns late at night; songs about going home to heaven.



I just heard today that Ben asked my cousin who is a believer to come and talk to him before he died. 



This gives me joy, peace and hope that my brother in with the Lord.


God is good.  God answers prayers - in His time.  So if you have been praying long and hard for a family member, or only just begun, take heart.  He is faithful.


Amazing Grace and Peace that surpasses all understanding be yours,
Bruce


Thank you Father that Your Son came to die for us so that we might be reconciled with you, that we might have permission to come to Your throne room with our petitions.

Thank you Father that you listen to your children.

Lord we than you today for the work of your Holy Spirit in saving this man, Ben.

And we thank you for giving his family peace.

Please, Lord, as we lift up our own family members who do not know you, be at work in their lives, drawing them close to you, prompting them to seek you.

We ask this in the name of your Son, Jesus.  Amen




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment