Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Draw aside these veils I have made

Good Wednesday morning, my friends,

The prayer/poem below is beautifully written and has scripture cleverly embedded in it.  

For instance, it talks about "the Way" and how God lights the path (Psalm 119:105).

I love how it draws a picture of the masks we wear "fashioned with the many fragments of my fears".  Can I get an "Amen" to that?

And it does not sugarcoat how we will look back at life in the end - at "the bitter and the sweet" - but promises no vain (i.e. useless) regret.

Read it a few times and meditate on His "Ancient Form" and your own journey.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you and yours today,
Bruce




My Lord,

Draw aside these veils I have made

Interwoven and fashioned with the many fragments of my fears.

That I might glimpse Your Ancient Form upon the inner road of mine.

Where Wisdom reigns and Silence guards the Way to heavens gate.



May my heartbeats walk with a measured step.

May I see with Inner Eye.

Those gleaming forms of radiant Light upon this

Holy Way.



And perhaps at Journeys end when I turn to look upon the bitter and the sweet.

No vain regret will dim my eyes or diffuse the Light, upon

this my

own

Damascus Way.



Raleigh Michael Smith - 1987





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment