Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Praying for family members

Good Wednesday afternoon, my friends.

Like many of you, I have a few family members who don't have a relationship with Jesus.  Up until two days I did not give this a lot of thought, let alone prayer.  Sure, occasionally it would occur to me and I would offer a short prayer, but beyond that I have done little.  

On Monday, I heard a man speak about his brother who was dying.  A brother that has not accepted Christ as his saviour.  This man who spoke was in so much pain over the possibility of spending eternity separated from his brother that it tore my heart out.  At that point the Holy Spirit reminded me of those in my family who were in the same boat.  It was an eye-opening, somewhat shocking experience for me.  I know this should have been much more of a priority for me, and for this I have asked forgiveness.  But unlike the man I described, I still have time to pray and to act.  And I pray that you will do the same for your family.  And if you feel comfortable, feel free to share their first names with me and I will pray for them too.

But please remember these words from Billy Graham in "Just As I Am":

I am always deeply conscious that I am absolutely helpless and that only the Holy Spirit can penetrate the minds and hearts of those that are without Christ. All I am doing is sowing seed. It is God - and only God - who can make the seed bear fruit.



Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce



open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are being sanctified by faith in Jesus Christ. — Acts 26:18


Father, I ask that You fill them with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. 

As we intercede in their behalf, we believe that the power of the Holy Spirit is activated, and from this moment on, we shall praise and thank You for their salvation. 

We are confident that You are alert and active, watching over Your Word to perform it. It will not return to You void. It will accomplish that which You please and prosper in the thing whereto it was sent. (Jeremiah 1:12; Isaiah 55:11)




Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment