Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lord, keep me out of your way

Good Thursday morning, my friends.

The prayer below is simple, elegant and to the point.  It speaks to God's own words in Micah 6:8 


He has showed you, O man, what is good. 

       And what does the LORD require of you? 

       To act justly and to love mercy 

       and to walk humbly with your God.

The author, Father Mychal, was one of the first victims to be found in the rubble of the World Trade Centre - he had been praying for others at the time of his death.  Was God answering this prayer?



Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce



Lord, take me where You want me to go;



Let me meet who You want me to meet;



Tell me what You want me to say; and



Keep me out of your way.



Father Mychal Judge, O.F.M.

Chaplain, New York Fire Department

Died 9/11/2001





Bruce MacPherson

macpherson@celtic.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment