Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Seeing people with "God-eyes"

Good Tuesday morning, my friends.

On what is for most students the first day of a new school year, I thought it appropriate to include a prayer especially for them:

23rd Psalm for Students 

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not flunk
He keepeth me from lying down when I should be studying
He leadeth me beside the water cooler for a study break
He restores my faith in study guides
He leads me to better study habits
For my grades' sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of borderline grades
I will not have a nervous breakdown
For thou art with me
My prayers and my friends, they comfort me
Thou givest me the answer in moments of blankness
Thou anointest my head with understanding
My test paper runneth over with questions I recognise.
Surely passing grades and flying colours shall follow me
All the days of my examinations
And I shall not have to dwell in this exam hall forever. 


I may not have known that prayer when I was in school, but I sure lived through a lot of it!

In my house, if my son or I are looking for something and fail to find it, we will inevitable ask my wife for help.  She will ask "are you looking with your boy-eyes or your girl-eyes?"  Apparently males don't look (or clean for that matter) as thoroughly as females.  The prayer below asks for the ability to see people with 'God-eyes' which, I assume, are even better than 'girl eyes'.


Amazing Grace and Eternal Peace to you today,
Bruce


Father in heaven, help me understand the needs of those who struggle every day to stand tall against the world's pain. 

Help me find a way to give hope to those who have turned to alcohol or drugs for survival. 

Help me teach the children the lessons of life that will shape their future, body, mind, and soul. 

Help me to feed the poor and elderly, too proud to say that they have not eaten today. 

Help me to look inside myself and see that all mankind is one. 

And, grant me the strength to understand that I can make a difference. Amen. 




Bruce MacPherson 

macpherson@celtic.ca / Blog: The Celtic Christian / Home: 613.489.4174 Cell: 613.720.0821

You are receiving this email because you have requested it or I felt you would be interested in this material.

If you would like to be removed from this email list, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address. 

Likewise, if you know of someone else who you believe would appreciate receiving these messages, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment